Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DADDY'S GIRL

I am a Daddy's Girl....I mean, a Daddy's girl to my heart! I love that man listed on my birth certificate as my father. We're extremely close. We talk everyday...several times aday and I doubt seriously that I'd get tired of talking to good ol' GB. He's stamped me....anyone can look at me and see that He's clearly my father. Ther older I get, the mote I appreciate his wisdome, intelligence, humor, and LOVE (among other things). I love him because he takes care of me and truly has my best interest at heart. This is the way God designed for it to be. And plenty of people have probably heard me express the sentiment that if anything ever happened to my Daddy, life would be hard to live. He's just that important to me.

And now I parallel that to God the Father. I SHOULD love Him to my heart and tell everyone my adoring sentiments towards Him. But sometimes my selfishness blocks me from loving Him as I should. He's close to me but my heart is far from Him. My lips (words) are closer to Him but I'm living for the day when my heart surpasses my words in my relationship with Him. We should talk everyday but I might skip a day...or seven. He, too, has stamped me...it's just that I can choose whether or not to display His stamp. People should be able to look at me and tell that I am His but....it doesn't quite happen that way all the time. The more mature I get, I SHOULD appreciate His WISDOM, OMNIPOTENCE, OMNIPRESENCE, LOVE, etc. but the problem is that I'm more comfortable being at a standstill in the maturation process. And without Him, there'd be no life, PERIOD. So even though, naturally, I'm a daddy's girl, I'm striving to be a Daddy's girl. I'm striving to be more like The Father (God) everday. Just as with my natural daddy, I'm striving to make Him proud. I'm striving to move beyond "father" because that doesn't denote relationship. "Daddy" screams relationship. And because that's what HE desires more than anything, it draws me to desire it for myself. I just want to be a DADDY'S GIRL.

For the people.
Ash B.