Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rebel Is Me

Standard...
no one knows the meaning of that word anymore
and while we walk around singing riffs off Tye's cd
and trying to impress whoever we see,
fashionably,
we fail to realize that many of us
are cat-walking straight to hell.
We live anyway, we give anything
we refuse to live the standard
and adjust ours to meet HIS.
So I'm saying this now...Rebel is Me.
I refuse to live life without a cause,
satisfying my flesh with faulty solutions,
apathetic to the Savior and my daily crucifixion of Him through my life.
I refuse to give my body to any man before God has sanctioned it,
to allow someone to be that deep into me,
that we both deeply drag our souls through the mire of sin.
I refuse to let my words bring shame to His name.
I acknowledge that He created me so intelligently
that I can express myself better than throwing expletives around.
I refuse to pollute my body
because really, who wants used goods?
And after all the abuse, what good could it do?
I refuse
to let anyone bully me into believing that I'm too radical or hype
none of them saved my life
with a promise of a hope and a future bright.
A rebel saved me,
his cause gave me a cause
and now I'm a rebel
because I not only shun the norms, I live above them.
Want to know what a rebel is, watch Him.
Want to learn how to be a rebel, learn with me.
And though I'm not what I shall be,
I claim rebel is me
because He's constantly perfecting that thing in me.
Til He comes back and my cause is won,
my hands are weary, and my body worn
but my heart will be perfect and my spirit incorruptible.
The feeling on that day--insurmountable.

"I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels." --Isaiah 53:12 (NLT)

For the People.
Ash B.