

Hey friends...
Just a few brief thoughts today.
I am 21 yrs. old (yay for me...lol). I am at the point in my life when I am starting to look around and notice how many of my peers are getting engaged, married, having children, etc. And to be brutally honest, I get downright jealous at times.
But one of the things I've had to realize is that...there is a reason why I'm waiting. There's a reason why the Lord has me single at this point in my life (though I must admit, I hope that this singleness is just a season and not a lifetime. Either way, the Lord will sustain me). It's been an absolute intense struggle for me to just trust God and allow Him to love me like He desires to. I can be so cold and isolated towards Him at times and I realize that if I do this to Him, I will probably do this to whomever the Lord sends to me (if He indeed has someone in mind for me).
So, I've been trying to do better. I've been trying to use all this energy to do some good and for the most part, when I'm busy doing the Lord's work or schoolwork (as it were...lol), I am not consumed with what I do and don't have.
I would like to dedicate this post to my family who love me beyond my little quirks and know me like no other people in this world. To my friends and sorority sisters, what kind of life would I have without you all in it? You are one of the amazing joys of life. I would like to dedicate this post to my two godchildren, through whom the Lord has allowed me to partially peak into the joys of parenthood and who, through their innocence, teach me the meaning of having faith like a child. These people dare to love me inspite of, despite, and because and that's the most awesome feeling in the world.
And I'd like to dedicate this post to my future husband. If you are in God's plan for my life, I know that God is completing works in both of us at this point so that when He brings us together, we will know how to perfectly complement each other while He perfectly completes us. I am daring to love you without knowing you by continuing my promise to God and you to keep myself until the appointed time. (extended version of this to come...)
To the PEOPLE, dare to love God and yourself first in order to meet the challenge of truly loving others.
Ash B.
