Sunday, March 9, 2008

Don't Miss the Water Until Your Well Runs Dry...

These past few days, I've really been just missing certain things in my life that were so certain that I really took advantage of them. Things like being able to go to a Bible-believing, Bible-preaching, Bible-living church. Like-minded individuals who I can encourage in the faith and who can encourage me likewise. I didn't realize that the convenience of knowing where I would be every Sunday morning and Tuesday nights for Bible Study would come to mean so much to me but it has. I never knew that I would value so much being able to walk down to Jade's dorm room or catch the bus over to Trice's place when I just needed a friend to be there. Of course, I valued these things before but when these things are gone, it's like you're missing a piece of you. Please don't get me wrong....I love being over here. I love the friends I've made. I love the things I've experienced. But I miss the of fellowship with the brethren over here. I don't particularly care for going to a church on Sunday morning out of tradition more so than dedication to God. I can go to church over here but between the language barrier and locations, it's been quite difficult. I want to make sure that I understand what they're saying...I can't just be sitting there listening to just anything. I suppose that's where the discernment that God gave me should kick in.

All-in-all, this experience has just taught me not to take God for granted. It's taught me not to take His Word for granted. This experience has taught me that I have to seek God for myself, FOR REAL. No getting spoon-fed the Word over here; I have to open up my Word and find the treasures God has placed there for me. I am glad God loves me enough to make me a Christian who is strong enough to stand completely leaning on Him. I know that's part of His purpose in putting me over here. And between me completely screwing things up and His perfect Way of getting His Perfect Plan across, I shall one day, prayerfully, be the woman He is calling me to be.

Until that time, never take for granted the mercy of God. Never dismiss His grace as mere happenstance. It's all for a reason and it's all apart of His greater picture. For the people.

Words from the chorus of Kirk Franklin's song "Hide Me" off his new project:
"Hide me, let me lay behind You because I need, shelter from the rain. Remind me, the only way my faith can grow is when You let Your winds blow. It's making me stronger now so rain, don't go away...don't go away..."

Phileo love,
Ash B.

P.S.- I don't know if she's reading this but I've got to give a shoutout to my godsister, Heather. She sent me an email a few weeks ago that really made me think. Thanks for reminding me to show God that I'm grateful. And I truly am.