Monday, January 21, 2008

I don't know why HE loves me...

Just to make this abundantly clear, the HE is no ordinary person. He's God. And as a recurring thought for today: I really and truly can't understand with my infinite mind why in the world does He love me? I mean, if you were the whole Creator of the universe and everything within it, would you even care about each person? Would you know, as the Bible says, the number of hairs on each individual's head? Would you take the time to love and understand each individuals and their nuances? Would you spend your time trying to show each individual how much you love them in a unique way KNOWING that you may be mistreated, ignored, or simply written off many times? Only God would do that. Only God has done that for me. He's the busiest person I know yet He gives me the most time. He's the most lovable person I know yet He loves me more than I can ever imagine and definitely more than I could ever love Him back. He gave me His most precious gift, His Son, so that I might be able to live with Him forever. Now, if that it isn't love, I don't know what is. So back to my original question: Why does He love me? How could He continue to love me inspite of all I've done (or haven't done). It's just His nature. And I'm overjoyed, over love, over Him.

"And He, being full of compassion, forgave their sins and destroyed them not. Yea, many a time turned He His anger away and did not stir up all His wrath. For He remembered that they were but flesh, a wind that passeth away and cometh not again." --Psalm 78:38-39

"I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with lovingkindness." --Jeremiah 31:3

Let's reflect the love of God in our love for Him, our love for our temples (our bodies), and our love for each other. God is real. It's time for us to start acting like it.

Phileo love,
Ash