Last blog of January '08. I look back at all God has allowed me to accomplish and it's just like...WOW. I look at where some of my friends are and it's just like....WOW. God's definitely raising up a generation that will obey, that will trust, that will love, that will honor. A generation who will not imitate the actions of the previous generations but will stand up for truth. That's encouraging, really encouraging.
This blog is not one where I have anything specific to speak on. I just want to write...and everytime I get this feeling, I write because I remember a time not too long ago when I didn't have the desire to write a sentence or phrase. I've just been having some random thoughts today....and I have to be careful with that because when I think too much, I become too analytical. I already know being analytical and being a radical for Christ don't mix...it's like water and oil. This is because as you begin to take on the mind and the ways of Christ, many things you may do will probably not make sense to the human mind. So, with that being said, I was thinking. And I was thinking about this surge of writing that I've had lately. And I began to doubt certain things like...maybe I use too many scriptural references, and maybe mine are always too long, and what if people think I'm trying to be "too deep". And then I had to stop and think....how can you use too many scriptural references?? The Word of God is what we consult for everyday things and to know how to please God. How can you talk about God and the things of God without using the Word of God?? OK. Second thing, maybe they're a bit long. This may be true (sorry, I can't help it). They're definitely not your Bible verse of the day or your Daily Bread Reading. It may take awhile to read them....but is that enough for me to shorten what I feel led to say??? My conclusion was no. OK. Third thing, what if people think I'm trying to be "too deep". Look friend (these thoughts were all directed to myself), truth is truth...if truth is too deep for some people who call themselves believers, maybe they should reevaluate where they are with Christ. I'm not saying (at all) that my words are the be all, end all but they are God inspired. Bottom line is: sometimes people don't want to hear (read) things because it brings about conviction (II Timothy 3). OK.
Now, nothing necessarily spurred these thoughts on but that's just the person I am, I think TOO much. I think for the world. I think until I become insecure. MAJOR character flaw....I know. One thing that I have to realize, and this goes back to the principle of my "Whatchu Lookin' At?" blog is that I have the right to be secure in who I am in Christ. I have the right to have confidence in Him and Him alone. "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." --Hebrews 10:35-36. It's hard to be confident when you look at what you have/are. It's harder to be confident when you look at what others have/are. This further illustrates the point that if we look to Jesus, we have no need to worry about our confidence wavering. He is our confidence. He is our security. Insecurity has no place in the lives of believers. Ok...just had to get that in me.
In other news, God willing, I will be starting a Bible Study over here. Bless God! It started as an idea which I knew had to be greater than myself because I would have never, EVER started a Bible Study at home. I talked to a few people around here and they want it to happen, which is so encouraging. I have to continue to be prayerful about it to make sure that this is really something that God wants me to do. But I'm excited! So (if anyone reads this), please keep me in your prayers! I need them! :) I want the Gospel (the Good News) of Jesus Christ to be shared with people. I want people to experience how GREAT our God really is. I've come to the conclusion that the Gospel is still enough....aside from all the things people do to get people to hear the Gospel, it STILL has that drawing power all by itself. Thank God that I don't believe in something with diminishing value but appreciating value. Something that's SECURE. Top flight security!
Another blog for the people. Keep the faith.
"And since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our heart sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds." --Hebrews 10:21-24
Phileo love,
Ash B.
